10 Facts about the Steel Industry in Dubai
Steel is the material that surrounds all of us and forms an important part of our daily life but we are not very much aware of the useful facts related to steel. Great Steel & Metals, the leading stainless steel seamless pipe manufacturer in India is here with the 10 facts about steel industry in Dubai and rest of the countries as well.
We are not aware about the various facts of the steel. Steel is considered as the inseparable part of our life. Steel is required everywhere and with the help of steel, it is possible for the human to push the boundaries from the deepest depths of the sea to the stars in the universe. Steel surrounds our daily lives from beginning till end. With the help of steel, everyday activity is possible like waking up, keeping time, getting in or logging on and many more.
Great Steel & Metals is one of the steel industries which have contributed to the steel market from last 30 years or more. It has contributed in building various landscape of the nation and also strengthens the infrastructure of the nation in various manners.
As said earlier, steel is the basic necessity in our day to day lives. It is considered as the ubiquitous material in our lives. We have very little information about steel, but there are various facts about steel than just making the products or constructing the buildings.
Below are some of the interesting facts about the steel. You will be surprised to know that how steel affects our day to day life in various ways:
- With the help of steel industry, more than two million people across the world got employment. Additionally, two million contractors and four million people in steel supporting industries are also getting employment with the help of this.
- For all renewable energy be it solar energy, tidal energy and wind energy, steel is considered as the main material for delivering all types of energy.
- Recycling of the steel is possible as long as it is 150 years old. Such recycled steel can be used in new products and applications, with no loss of strength.
- In the past 30 years, the amount of energy required to produce a ton of steel has been reduced by 50%.
- The largest consumer of the steel is the housing and construction sector. It would be surprising to know that 50% of world steel production is used in this sector.
- With the passage of time, the new lightweight steel is dramatically changing the market. Golden Gate Bridge was built with 83,000 tons of steel in 1937 in San Francisco. But now, only half of that amount would be required.
- For manufacturing process, new product development and improvised technology, the steel industry invest more than $12 billion annually worldwide.
- On an average, 25% of the computers are made up of steel. More than 332 million PCs were sold in 2014.
- It would be surprising to know that 97% of steel by-products can be reused. Millions of tons of iron and steel are recycled due to steel’s magnetic properties. Steel is considered as the easiest material to separate from the solid waste stream.
- The purest form of steel is approximately 1000 times stronger than iron.
This is all about the steel and its usage. Buy premium quality steel products from the leading 31803 duplex plate stockist in India Great Steel & Metals for all your needs and requirements.